Rates from 8.9%: the exact rate you will be offered will be based on your circumstances, subject to status.
Representative example: borrowing £7,500 over 5 years with a representative APR of 20.25%, an annual interest rate of 20.25% (Fixed) and a deposit of £0.00, the amount payable would be £192.84 per month, with a total cost of credit of £4070.40 and a total amount payable of £11,570.40.
We will always provide the best rate from our panel of lenders and based on your individual circumstances. We do not charge any fees for our service. But we earn a commission from the lenders we work with. This does not affect the interest rate you will be offered.
What is bad credit car finance?
Bad credit car finance makes it possible for people with a low credit score to buy a new or used car. Rather than paying for the car in full with your own money, you can pay through a loan, and pay it back in monthly instalments, making car financing with poor credit much easier.
At Quick Car Finance, we’re bad credit car finance experts, and we will search our panel of lenders for the best deal to suit your budget and needs.
What Car Finance Options Are Available for Bad Credit?
- Personal Contract Purchase (PCP) - Make a deposit (minimum 10%) and make fixed monthly payments for 3 to 4 years depending on the term of agreement. You have the option to make a balloon payment at the end of the term if you wish to own the car outright. The larger your deposit, the smaller your monthly payments will be.
- Hire Purchase (HP) – Make an initial deposit (minimum 10%) and then make monthly payments until you eventually own the car outright. This type of loan is ideal for making fixed monthly repayments, or if you want to own the vehicle outright at the end of the agreement.
- Personal Loan - This is an unsecured loan between you and a lender and once it is approved, the money is transferred to the car dealer. Your eligibility and rates are based on your income, credit status and affordability – so for those with poor credit car financing may prove a little trickier.
- No Deposit - We have no deposit options available for those looking for car finance with poor credit and this may require a part exchange of your existing vehicle or committing to higher monthly payments.
Why choose us for car financing with poor credit?
We have lots of experience obtaining car finance for people with poor credit. We work closely with some of the UK’s top lenders to compare deals and help you find the most competitive price possible.
We offer a tiered pricing structure for different credit histories - so that you can get the lowest rate possible and will not pay more due to market rates or commission-driven deals.Apply Now
Bad Credit Car Finance FAQs
1. Can I Get a Car Loan with a CCJ?
Securing car finance with a CCJ is certainly possible, and we are here to help you. We will work with you to find a monthly repayment that is affordable and keeping to your monthly budget which is essential.
2. Will Applying for a Car Loan Affect My Credit Rating?
No. We only initially apply a “soft credit search” which does not affect your credit score. The soft search determines your personal quote and then, if you’re happy with it, we can go ahead and perform a full credit search. However, that’s when we can tell you if the loan is fully approved (subject to status).
3. Can I get car finance if I am self-employed?
Yes. Our panel consists of lending experts who are all very experienced at arranging self-employed car finance for customers with bad credit ratings. However, if you are self-employed and you want car or other vehicle finance, we will ask to see three months of bank statements to show your income.
4. I Have Been Declared Bankrupt, Does That Mean You Can’t Help Me Get Car Finance?
This is more complicated and we cannot guarantee final acceptance of a car loan. However, if your bankruptcy is discharged we may be able to help you in some way.